No matter how efficient you're a/c was when it was installed, it can lose efficiency if not properly maintained. It isn't hard, time consuming or expensive to do the kind of care that can help your unit last for years
- Change your filters frequently. A clogged or improperly installed air filter makes your system work harder. So, if you forget to change your filters, you might notice you're paying more for air conditioning that you're not enjoying nearly as much
- Make sure not to block vents. When some thing is blocking the vents, it will restrict the airflow and decrease the system's efficiency
- Make sure your outside condensing unit isn't covered up or clogged, give it space. Air needs to flow in through the sides to cool the coil.
- Make sure drain system isn't clogged
Have an AC STAR expert clean your indoor coil and replace your filters frequently
- Check your system's operation to determine its condition and if repairs or adjustments are needed.
- Check refrigerant charge levels and air flow.
- Make sure all electrical connections are working properly.
- Check for secure physical connections of individual parts.
- Check and clean the indoor and outdoor coils.
- Check and clean the condensate drainage system.
- Clean and adjust blower components.
- Check the filters, and replace or clean them, if needed.